Thursday, October 13, 2005

So yesterday was the day I found out that the firm is moving 45 positions to North Carolina. The move should be done by the end of 2006. I am 95% sure that I am part the move to NC but will get the final tomorrow or Monday the latest.

Pros - Homeownership which is something I have wanted for a very long time and I would have a very difficult time in doing if I continued to stay in NY, incentive packages, milder climate. Not to mention I have friends and family in which would make the move easier. I win a bet that I have with a friend of mine that curently lives there.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE NY but I have more love for NY than NY has for me. So the question becomes, why not leave?

Cons - Alot of my childhood friends are still in NY as well as a lot of family that I am close to. I've been a NY resident for over twenty years and am proud to be a New Yorker. I will miss it greatly. There is also a serious matter that needs to be addressed with a woman I used to see which may or may not effect the rest of my life and tonight is the night that I find out.

I have already told my manager that if I am part of the group that is being moved that I am more than willing to go. So basically come hell or high water (sorry New Orleans) I will be in North Carolina in 2006.

Since some of you want or need a joke to lift your spirits here's a really horrible one that I learned back when I was in high school.

What are three things you can't give a black man;
a black eye,
a fat lip,
and a job.

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 6:53 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

LOL...horrible joke.
Au Naturaal..yes, Slish has gone in to detail about you and yours...and his...LOL
You two are funny...
Mister...when you gonna make this a routine? You showzz gotta lotta ta say when ya beez commenting, but ya blog...well it's blogless. BLOG dammit! Post something...give me a crazy ass story...I'm bored at work!!!
*hugs and kisses...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home