Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Disconnected aka Losin That Good Feelin'

Bless me Father for I have sinned.

It's been uhhhh.....Shit, its been a long time since I last posted.

People don't ask me about the last story Red Dot because there is no story that I can really tell. Nothing went down between us and that's a good thing one because I wasn't looking for that she and two she is a BROKEN PIGEON WING !!!!! (what up Slish !!!!!!)

This story is about a recent trip I made to MD to see my mom over this past weekend. I was away in Cali the week prior on a business trip for the bank that I work for. During that trip I was having some email correspondence with Dr. Feelgood and she commented on looking forward to seeing me Easter weekend. With a puzzled look on my face I replied " Are you trying to tell me something that I don't know?" Her response was that since I am traveling to MD I have to pass through Delaware and since I have to pass through, I can surely make a pit stop to come see her.

Now I know I told this woman that I would try to stop by but I can't be sure because I have to meet my god-daughter and her mom at my mother's house by noon that Saturday. I couldn't ask my mom to greet these people since she does have a life of her own.

I get to MD unscathed and without stopping at Feelgood's place. No more than 20 minutes after getting through the door my mother starts peppering me with questions. The last and final question is about how are things with Feelgood and I. I give the same non-committal answer that I always give and try to move on from this conversation. Always the ever loving (nosey) mom, she then asks me if I want to get married and have children. My response....." I have god children and no desire to get married".

It was at that point that I saw a pained look on my mother's face and I think I heard her heart breaking. My mom wants me to have children so badly that it i think it personally hurts her when I say I am not looking to have any kids or get married. It all goes back to the break up I had with my ex a little over two years ago. Once out of that relationship my priorities shifted. No longer I was thinking about getting married and having kids. I have nothing against kids or the institution of marriage.

But I feel it's just not for me.

That little clock inside of me no longer works. And there hasn't been a woman that I have been intimately involved with that has the right key to get it going again. I have calmed down ALOT from when I first started blogging but you can still find a little poison in my bite if provoked, but I must digress and get back to the second part of this story.....Losin' that good feelin'.

It was apparent that Dr. Feelgood didn't like that fact that I didn't stop by coming or leaving from MD. She was so upset that she turned off her cell phone so she didn't have to speak to me. Now I do have her house number but I didn't bother calling it because frankly, I wasn't in the mood to listen to her words about " How we hardly see each other and I should have made more effort to stop by". I left for MD on Friday to meet up with friends and I returned to NY on Monday to only miss a doctor's appointment that was already re-scheduled.

When we finally did speak on Tuesday evening she was expressing how disappointed she was and how she needs to re-evaluate some things. I asked her what she was expecting from this relationship? She didn't want to answer because she didn't want to put her foot in her mouth. Now in my experience when you hear a comment like that you can pretty much assume that the next thing to fall is that "Venom...I don't think we should see each other anymore..." What makes it worse is that I strongly believe that it would not hurt or faze me in anyway. I know Dr. Feelgood loves me. I've heard her say it. Albeit it's only in the throws of passion when the walls are shaking but nonetheless I heard her.....on more than one occasion. I do care for Feelgood but honestly my response to her declaration has always been.........................(silence).

I'VE GOT A ICEBOX WHERE MY HEART USED TO BE.......sorry.

Well Dr. Feelgood doesn't want to stop seeing me but sooner or latter I will either have to shit or get off the pot.

7 Comments:

At 4/18/2007 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Broken Pigeon Wings...da hell? You and your boy have some retarded sayings...

About you and Red Dot... knew that wasn't gonna go anywhere...how the hell you call someone Red Dot anyway.

As for Feelgood... your retarded but I understand. I personally think your a great guy...minus the corniness and the Erkel attire...
However, possibilities are endless if you would but open yourself to them. I know ol' girl did damage but... dude! Some point you have to live like you've never been hurt. Get your ass out the past!

...ice skating...yeaaaa, u suck!

bloopty!

 
At 4/18/2007 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You BUM!!! Where you been?!?? You been gone so long, I got banned from Blogger, opened a blog on Vox, lost 25 pounds, bought a new thong collection, grew my hair back and joined a Convent!

...Okay so, I didnt join the Convent, but d*mn you been gone a long time!

I agree with Blah. You are still in PTSD from your first marriage and all parents want grandchildren. Youre young yet, Man. Go to counseling, get it all out, give it about another eighteen months and you'll be 'rhet' to go. Unfortunately you might miss your chance with the Good Doctor in the interim. But if you arent ready, you arent ready.

Welcome Back!

 
At 4/18/2007 1:48 PM, Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said...

found u thru Mr. Slish, I have no advice for I'm in the same situation..will not let anyone get close to me, oh sure I lead them on, make and break dates, leave them waiting for me at work, at home..I make them think its all good but then I roll out..don't want to be hurt again..they call me gee *keeping them at bay* gee

oh wait I do have advice..you need to tell the good DOC that you are no longer interested..let her move on ... wipe ur ass and get up!

 
At 4/18/2007 3:38 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

*The Dead Has Arisen!!*

Wellwhatdayahknow???

Good to know your alive and well my friend...as for you situation, well you know I aint the best person for advice in this area but I will say that if you care about her then you should tell her and let her go. You guys already live apart and the relationship is clearly NOT going any further then where it is right now. A good man does what's best for him and the person he cares about even if that means letting her go.

I know your a good man...so get to cutting those proverbial strings why don'tcha?

 
At 4/18/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

@ Shut up Bloopty its women like you that cause us to make up words like that...lol Knew you were still lurking. I know deep down you miss me...:)

Anyway My brotha...We spoke about this topic the other day and this too shall pass. I was once where you are right now. Then I got tired of saying its not you its me. I took my time tested the waters at first when the water was warm enough I jumped right in. Now ofcourse the water sometimes got too hot and your boy had to jump out, but it hasn't stop me from swimming.

I know the kind of hurt you been through. Protect your heart, but don't shut it down. There is a sista out there that needs you.

 
At 4/19/2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Mr.Venom said...

@Blah. You are talking you way right out of my car.

@Chez. I'll get back to you on that new thong collection.

@GG. I think she is going back to just enjoying the ride, no pun intended.

@Royce. I know I should cut those strings but I really am having a good time, I know it's selfish of me.

@Slish. You know damn well you can't swim.

 
At 4/20/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Damn you and slish are both back what a shocker - i always check out for Rob Mack who is still on the missing list you and slish and what a comeback.

Sorry to hear about all your goings on but at least your still floating.

xXx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home