Tuesday, January 03, 2006

THE ONE

I believe there is always someone in a man and woman's life that forever holds a special place their heart no matter where they may be. I have one, my cousin Fat Dave, Bam Bam and I know my boy Slish even has one. The reason why we cannot be with them varies from person to person. For some its timing, for others its distance and for some it just maturity.

Mine goes by the name Miss Tiff. I met Tiff in college some years ago. We at one time were Biology Pre-Med majors so we shared a class or two together. Now the reason why I remember her from my Bio days is because she is very pretty and seemed to have a " fuck you" attitude on her face. Back then I wasn't Venom, I was Cornbred. Cornbred was a shy, quiet type that laid back in the cut just listening and observing but not like a stalker. Anyhow I had academic issues left school for a year and returned with a new attitude towards my studies as well as a new major. I guess you can say I was re-introduced to Miss Tiff through my "little sister" MC (Motor City). So by default we would be together through my connection with MC, studying , a little bit of partying but nothing crazy.

We graduated and I returned to NY while she went on to finish her Masters. We have kept in touch throughout the years and became very close friends. Discussing everything from sex, politics, relationships, family and etc. The reason why I say she is my ONE is how I am around her and how she makes me feel. I have always had a good time when i was with Miss Tiss. There has been times when I wanted Tiff as more than my friend but realistically speaking it couldn't happen. I would like to think it was mainly due to the distance(miles) between us. I have never gotten into an argument with Miss Tiff and I know its because we know what to say to piss each other off and we like each other too much to be enemies. Plus she has been educated in the dark arts of Venom sarcasm and revenge so it would be like teacher versus student. I honestly can say she is one of my most favorite people to be around.

There was a time though that I was pissed with her and when she reads this statement she will know what it is exactly about. She had found someone that held her attention and stimulated her intellect and married him. Now when I found out she was engaged I was shocked. I didn't even know she had a boyfriend. Initially I was invited to the wedding however when her and her fiance finished having a discussion they agreed not to invite people from their past even though I don't think she mentioned me in much detailed but I may be wrong about that. Now I didn't find out from Tiff, but from a mutual friend, B-More. Well B-More got an invitation and Venom didn't so it wasn't hard to put two and two together. I was truly hurt not because I was losing her to another man but hurt because this is my friend and I couldn't be there to see her get married and she initially couldn't tell me at first. Since then she has profusely apologized and even is now divorced from that The Asshole (whoopee). We have been and will continue to be each other confidants. Due to our relationships with our significant others we did not speak as freely as we used to. She didn't mention her husband , The Asshole and I didn't mention my fiancee The Bitch. We just talked about ourselves. But when we were freed from those dummies is was just like old times and we have stayed in constant contact ever since

Today at work she confirmed yet again why she is The One. I was on the phone with Miss Tiff, as we speak every other day now and somehow we started talking about ringtones. She asked me what do I think my ringtone was and me ,out of Venom mode, responded "I don't think I wanna know....Okay tell me". She said that my ringtone is "All I Need" by Method Man feat. Mary J Blige. I've known her long off enough to know she is not bullshitting me on this.

This post is dedicated to Miss Tiff. She is a beautiful, smart, strong and sensitive black woman. Also I need to include that she is sexy as hell. She holds a special place in my heart and always will. I can say that she is one my best friends and without hesitation I can say that I love her. If there was a way I could give her the world I would because she deserves it. She's my future ex-wife, my Mary J and I hope that 2006 brings her love, happiness and prosperity. I love you baby.

Venom

8 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww........ You have got me crying over here!!! How can I keep up the F it attitude with words like this....But nonetheless...You are the only person I can tell how I really feel and not fear ridicule or condemnation...You know how Im feeling before I say anything...you always know when I'm in denial and lying to myself and will call me out when needed ....I cherish you so much for the person you've become...and to think you are one of the only men that I can honestly say I have not hated at some point in the time I've known them (with the exception of some family members)..From Biology to Psychology..to study sessions (real not imagined) to homecomings...to broken hearts and vengeful minds...you've been my Nigga through it all and I love you for that...You've made being an adult bearable and allowed me not to take myself so damn serious!!! You are...All I need...so get my 3ct Emerald cut so we can do this... :)

Thanks for making my day babe...You always know how to get a smile out of me...even on the gloomiest of days....


PS...I spit on THE ASSHOLE and THE BITCH for making our friendship awkward...glad their asses are long gone :)

 
At 1/04/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Just something that I have been wanted to do. I am working on that 3ct as we speak.

 
At 1/04/2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay that was BEAUTIFUL!! I guess Mr. Venom is letting Cornbred get a taste of 2006. . .LOL

Now why can't you two be together? Oh wait, let me think, you don't want to risk ruining the friendship you've built over the years, right?. Been there, done that. . . I dated one of my best friends for a good while and it was great. Unfortunately, it didn't work out (not that I wish that fate on you and Miss Tiff). It took a while but we're still friends today (and I don't regret being the relationship).

The way I see it you only live once. I know I've only read a little bit about you and Miss Tiff but you both seem perfect for one another. Hey, maybe there's a reason you're both single right now. Hmmmm?? From the immortal and unforgettable words from that final Color Purple scene/song. . . maybe "God is trying to tell you something"!!!

I wish you the best!!!

P.S. You got me with that comment "she's my "Mary J". . .Just Classic!!

 
At 1/04/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Anon on that Mary J line...

I like this post...shows that Cornbread is not lost to us.

The best realtionships are built on true friendship first...so you never know. However, ummmm...damn...that means there is no hope for us *LMAO*

Nice post Cornbread!

 
At 1/04/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

I think i'm gonna be sick...

So thats why your so gung ho about moving down south.

Tiff I hope you know he's willing to take a pay cut for yo ass...

Cornbread STOP!!!! calling Tiff your future ex wife and start calling her your FUTURE!!!!

Time waits for no man

 
At 1/04/2006 4:53 PM, Blogger Mr.Venom said...

Slish I am not moving down South for Tiff or anybody else unless I am handsomely compensated, that's just the reality.
Cornbred died a long time and is who I used to be, Venom is who I am now. Venom may die but he will not be replaced by Cornbred.

 
At 1/05/2006 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slish...You know Venom better than that...He is not taking any parts of a pay cut to come to the dirty, dirty....plus He knows how high maintenance I am... that pay cut may hinder my "vision" of our future :)

But seriously, our friendship really has transcended time....That Mary J comment got me too!

 
At 1/05/2006 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh Jesus Christ!!!!! "You got me with that Mary J line" BLAH BLAH BLAH. Listen here this aint Brown Sugar U 2 think u r Taye Diggs and Sanaa Lathan. Death to Cornbread!!!!!!! Long live "A PIMP NAMED SLICKBACK"!!!!!!!!

ok now that i got that off my chest. i hope, no let me rephrase that, i know the 2 of u will end up together. My cousin deserves the best and i know that Miss Tiff brings out the best in Mr Venom.

so in closing i would like to kick i quick freestyle

VENOM AND TIFFY
SITTIN' IN A TREE
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
FIRST COMES THE CARRIAGE
THEN COMES THE MARRIAGE
CUZ THATS JUST THE WAY NIGGAS DO IT!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home