Thursday, December 08, 2005

Benefits

Being single does have its benefits. Being single especially has its benefits when you are a black man with no kids and gainfully employed.

I was at a Pre-Holiday party for the sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha in Westchester. Now being a active member of Kappa Alpha Psi I always have a good time at sorority sponsored events because it gives me a chance to check out the available sistas. I spy with my eye something brown and thick.

This girl is tall and I say girl because she is only 24. Dammit too young, I know some of you guys have the thinking that "If there's grass on the field then playball" but I don't need to mess with a young chick, I'd rather wait until life has beaten them around a bit and they realize that all that bullshit they thought made a good man really is a fantasy. That's where I come in with my " I don't give a rat ass" attitude and say stupid stuff like "......you see the problem really is that you have too much coming out of your mouth and not enough coming into it....".

Okay maybe I went too far with that one but that is what I think about at times. Anyway back to event. So I am there dancing with all the "older" women of the chapter when it dawns on me. Maybe I need to find a woman who is closer to forty. Don't they say that forty is the new thrity? Let's review, by the age forty they either have already had all the children they wanted or if they haven't had any children they certainly aren't looking to have any now. They are settled in their careers and all that baggage they had in their late 20's and early 30's are in the trash now.

All they are looking for is a decent man who is working, intelligent, respectful. Well I have two out of three so I consider myself in the running. I would mention how Stella got her groove back but her groove was slighty bent so I will just skip over that. Anyway I think this is avenue I am going to explore I would take Slish with me but he is in love with Barney's so I will be on this adventure alone.

On another note Au Natural did call me back about a week or two ago. She's in a football pool and called me to ask for the game scores, I wasn't going to change the channel so I told her it was a commercial and that pretty much ended the conversation.

1 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Told you she'd call...a little reach out. Holiday season and New Years....let's see if she tries one mo' gen.

2 out of 3...let's see...working and respectful OR working and intelligent...hmmmmmm *thinking* :-)

Well, as I say about older men, they are easier to handle.

They tend to let you get away with more than younger ones. Mostly because they are a little more laidback and secure about where they are and what they want. Able to hold a decent conversation and can appreciate some good jazz. They know how to cook AND clean.

Thanks for stopping by...FINALLY!!

bithday present?...huh? *looking around*...you talking to me??
Whatcha want Venom?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home