Tuesday, January 24, 2006

This Feeling Stinks

I learned at 6:35am that another good soul has left Earth. Mr. B is my stepmother's father. A quiet, gentle and funny man who treated me as if I was own blood grandson. I think the saying goes that bad things happens in three's which doesn't bode well for for my psyche. This really stinks. I know some people say that they move on to a better place and all, but I think if that was ever said to me after losing a parent suddenly I would punch them in the face. You can't always say or do the right things when someone passes. There is no manual. Sometimes it's just best to be quiet and hold that person and remind them that they have someone that is there for them. Sometimes I get so tired, I would like there to a month where I wake up feeling refreshed, alert and looking forward to the new day. There are days when the sun shines on this dog's ass and then there are other days that someone up above is just pissing on my parade.
I have never heard the cry that came from my stepmom like I did this morning. And I swear as soon as I heard it I almost knew what happened. That is not something I ever want to hear again. I can only imagine what my younger brother is feeling. He was very close to his Grandfather. I don't know whether or not I can make down to the funeral in Alabama but out of respect I will give it a try.

5 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Sorry to hear that buddy....

 
At 1/24/2006 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right, there is nothing that can be said....just being there is speaks volumes.

I can't even fathom having someone close to me die...

hugs and kisses to Venom...express!

 
At 1/25/2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said...

It's so hard to lose someone who was important in your life. It makes you realize that you really dont' know what you've got till it's gone..so I try to let those who I care for know it each day..because as cliche as it sounds tomorrow is not promised....I'll kee you and your family in my prayers. Take care

 
At 1/25/2006 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true...the only thing that can heal the pain of losing someone you love is time...and nothing else.... no anecdotes, jokes or cards...just time...

I wish you and your family the peace in this time of sorrow....

 
At 1/26/2006 3:56 AM, Blogger ChezNiki said...

Sorry for your loss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home