Monday, March 13, 2006

The Day Was A Good Day

What can I say, I had a good weekend. I went down to Newark, Delaware to support a Greek basketball hosted by local AKA chapter. The Kappas won the event by beating the Ques by five. My co-pilot on the trip down was J Black. J Black is a neo who joined Kappa in Spring '05 and loves being a Greek. Anytime there is an event that deals with the our female counterparts, he wants to be there. He heard that I was going down and jumped at the opportunity. So we head down in the Grey Ghost doing the pre-requisite 80 mph on the NJ turnpike, give a call to Dr. Mindbender and let him know my status. Now in a previous post I mention a pretty girl I met on my last trip down there by the name Dr. Feelgood. Well it was her chapter that was hosting the event so I was REALLY looking forward to getting down there to see her as well as my line brother DopeMan.

J Black and I arrive late as only black folks can, pay our fee and enter. We start walking down the hall and here comes Dr. Feelgood smiling. Now I am thinking she is smiling when she sees me but in fact she is smiling just because that's how she is and doesn't recognize me until I am 15 feet away from her (She didn't have her contacts in nor her glasses on). I introduce her to J Black and receive a generous hug and move head to a game already in progress. I saw my line brother, his wife and one of their daughters Babygirl. This little girl is so cute and getting big, it seems like she was just crawling the last time I saw her and now she is walking and talking.
Fast forward to post game activities and the plan is to go back to Feelgood's house for a BBQ and drinks. Before I even take to the grill for food, J Black, Mindbender and I head to the liquor store and grocery store. We pick up 2 bottles of Henny, 1 bottle of Bacardi Apple and 1 btl of Johnny Walker Black. Which when looking at it initially it is not alot but Feelgood had liquor at her place and the bottle of Bacardi I pick up is the largest they had so it was just enough. Get back to her(Feelgood) place and I dropped my bottle of Bacardi. AWWWW HELLLLLL NO. Since I am a very social drinker I immediately went back to the store bought another bottle and added Raspberry Stoli to the mix.

The party is moving and so are the drinks. J Black is killing that Johnny Walker and building up his liquid courage to talk to this TALL light-skinned sista, Chetara. He's getting his mini-mac on and I am having a good time watching him go through his game. Mindbender being a renaissance type of guy is putting some color into the bland potato salad and preparing some peach cobbler (which was real good). I have my Bacardi Apple and Cranberry and flirting with Feelgood any opportunity I can get. J Black approaches me with an observant inquiry. "Does Feelgood like you"? I reply "Yes but I am not sure how much she likes me and don't wanna open the door on that issue". Logistically speaking I would have a difficult time dating her for the mere fact that she lives at least 2.5 hours away. Also my living situation though beneficial to me is not conducive to an adult relationship. Meaning it would be difficult for quality alone time with my family in the house and their sporadic interuptions. So instead of wondering what could be, I just enjoy my little moments that I get to have near her.

The music is going people are getting even more relaxed and jokes are flying around the room left and right. I wish I could effectively explain what happen next but even with my vocabulary, 2 dictionarys and a thesaurus could I describe the silliness that went on. It was definitely something that had to be witnessed. Nothing X-rated. The best I can say is that their were skits of two songs being acted out. One was "In The Closet" by R. Kelly and the other was "Grillz" by Nelly feat Paul Wall and Big Gipp. It was one of those moments in time where you forget about being an adult for just a minute and get reacquainted with your inner child. If Mindbender posts a comment maybe he will describe one of the skits.

All I can say is that this is definitely a memorable weekend. Thank you Dr. Feelgood and the lovely ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

5 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 3:35 PM, Blogger sweetness said...

let me find out i need to come hang out with u. it seems as though u have a good time. so did the doctor give u a full up appt? keep u posted.
slish is probably goin to make a comment that u didn't get far with her cause she live far but because he wasn't around to coach u on baggin her.

 
At 3/13/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Bag what???....You forget venom moooves in sloooow mooootion.

 
At 3/13/2006 10:56 PM, Blogger ChezNiki said...

My cousin is an AKA who now lives in Delaware, she pledged in Undergrad. I wonder if she attended that event...Hey come to think of it, she's a doctor too!?!?!

Venom! You better not be messing with my cousin!!!
:-[

 
At 3/14/2006 7:42 AM, Blogger Mr.Venom said...

@sweetness. No the Dr. did not give me a full appt.

@mr. slish. You're just upset I didn't bring you along for the ride.

@chezniki. I would never cheat on you with your cousin baby.

 
At 3/14/2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheat? did someone say cheat? who's cheating?
da hell?!?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home