Monday, March 27, 2006

The Tin Man

Something very intresting happened a few days ago. Slish called me up at work to tell me about a recent phone call he received. This call was from a woman who I had dated briefly last year and ended abruptly. Here's a little background information. Slish, Venom and LJ (Lil Jamaica) all worked for the same discount brokerage firm a few years back. Slish was cool with this girl but she hardly spoke to me, which didn't bother me because I was with The Bitch at the time and couldn't care less besides she always seemed to have an "attitude".

Fast forward to last year I was reintroduced to LJ at one of Slish's events. I spoke to her she spoke to me and we got along just fine. So fine that she gave me her number and told me to keep in touch, which I did by asking her out on a date, several dates. She wasn't into labels and wanted to take things slow and I was cool with that. We had started becoming closer and by closer I mean intimate and we were doing alot of things together, meeting for lunch or afterwork for drinks. We have our little bumps along the way but nothing that cannot be handled. I'm thinking things are going well until we decide to take a trip up to Boston for the Fourth of July. We catch the Fung Wah Bus and head to Boston for the day. This is where I really notice a change. She being a bit stand-offish and keeping her distance from me without exactly running away. I ask her several times if she is okay or is there something wrong. She says "No" but her body language doesn't change. So I chalk it up to her being in her "moods" which will eventually pass. Get back from Boston, drop her off and make my way home. A few days later she either calls or sends me an email I can't quite remember but LJ stated that we need to meet up face to face and have a chat.

We meet in Manhattan and she is being unusually quiet. When she does break her silence she uses her gift of language and states that she can no wants to continue to see me. Her exact words were " I like the wrapper but do not like the candy inside". Now in my head my first thought was " What the hell does that mean?!?!" So clarification I ask "Are you saying you don't want to date me anymore?" She says yes and I am fuming but I remain calm and didn't protest or make any objections. I think the most I said was if you see me in the street or something don't get a funny face when I say hello. She responded with same type of statement and we parted ways for what I thought was for good.

To be continued...

7 Comments:

At 3/27/2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

Oooooh. Your not supposed to be talking about this!!!! Ooooooh...lol.. we took an oath

 
At 3/28/2006 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooh, my ass!!!! nigga u betta hurry up and write some more. how come i never heard this story?? damn that shit is makin me mad. she liked the wrapper but didnt like the candy inside???? u should have told her someone else was eating her fuckin candy!!!!!

 
At 3/28/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Mr.Slish said...

fat dave you don't want him telling the rest of this story it doesn't end well...

 
At 3/28/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger sweetness said...

u have the nerve to talk about me. no pussy will have u strung like that no matter what. u love the drama and attention. this is all a game and let the best man win.

 
At 3/28/2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear the story.

...and if this story ends with you going back and dating her...your an idiot! She had some fucking nerve. Even my evil ass has never told a man "I like the wrapper but not the candy inside", what kinda bullshit is that!?! I might tell your ass to get the fuck away from me and leave me the hell alone...but not that shit she said!

Venom, I like the wrapper and the candy inside....lol

 
At 3/28/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Mr.Venom said...

@Slish I am going to tell the story and I expect you to finish it.

@Fat Dave. You know the beginning of the story and not the end.

@Sweetness. Trust me the drama has not yet begun in this story, so you need to chill out and be patient. I don't have stalkers like you.

@Your riding partner. You may not want to ride with me once I reach the end of my story.

@R Mack. I know your comment was meant for me. I was really busy for the past two weeks but I will have something for you to definitely marinate on. You may not like but it will be a good story.

@Everbody. This is story that Slish didn't want me to tell but his phone call last week prompted me to start it. It will be somewhere between three and four parts

 
At 3/29/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger sweetness said...

Venom ur shit is not a pile of red roses. i think this story tops my situation.
do u realize maybe it's u with the problem 1. I like the wrapper but not the candy inside 2. there's something i don't like about and i'm not goin to stick around to find out.
i guess the person u think u are or even try to portray ourself as is not the real u.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home